One thing that makes our BabyLed Spreads so good is that they can be added into a variety of recipes to help your baby explore new tastes and textures. As well as having a range of serving ideas already, we were ecstatic to have onboard Kayley from Friendly First Foods who helped us put together some tasty alternative recipes, all featuring our weaning spreads!
We have a brand-new page on our website which has 6 delicious recipes put together by Kayley at Friendly First Foods. Here is just an example of what you can find…
Red Lentil and Sweet Potato Giant Couscous
This recipe makes a generous portion, perfect if your little one is anything like mine and drops more than they eat!
• 50g giant couscous
• 240ml boiling water
• 1x jar BabyLed Spreads, red lentil and sweet potato flavour
• ¼ yellow pepper chopped into bitesize pieces
• 4 sugar snap peas cut into bitesize pieces
• 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
• Pinch of dried basil
• Pinch of dried oregano
• Pinch of black pepper
• In a saucepan, mix the water and BabyLed Spread.
• Add the giant couscous, pepper, basil, oregano, black pepper and 3 of the tomatoes to the pan and stir.
• Simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes then add the sugar snap peas and the rest of the tomatoes.
• Simmer gently for a further 5 minutes, until the couscous is soft and translucent and the sauce has thickened.
• Serve and enjoy!
To learn more about our new recipe ideas, please click here: www.babyledspreads.co.uk/pages/recipes